2.25.2008

family: myrtaceae genera: eugenia

While spending a day wandering my usual spot, downtown Ft. Myers, I decided to take some pictures of the old Federal Building on First Street. I heard it was being remodeled into the Sidney & Berne Art Center, which should be a really awesome place to visit when it's done. There was only one thing I wanted to make sure they didn't to touch. Outside the steps of the old court house are two metal cylinder light structures with words cut out. I never paid attention to what the words actually are, but the friends who I was with that day mentioned they were names of flowers. When the light on the inside of the cylinder comes on, the words are reflected all over the outside of the building.

For the record, Eugenia is not one of those names you find on a keychain when you visit Florida. It is never on a personalized mug. On a whim, I figured I would look and see if my name was one of the words, since Eugenia is a type of little white flower. My one chance, you know? Much to my surprise...

No comments: