2.14.2008

awkward number three.

The third installment of my Awkward series comes straight out of St. Petersburg, Florida. I took a trip there to visit the Salvador Dali Museum, and after I spent a few hours there I decided to venture downtown.

I was simply waiting to cross the street, minding my own business. Wearing two pairs of sunglasses, a white wig, and a fanny pack (YES! Again with the fanny pack) was a woman who decided to bestow some knowledge onto me. Lucky me.

"You should dye your hair blonde, my dear."

Oh jeeze, I thought to myself, she is definitely talking to me.

I decided to go along with it so I said, "Excuse me?"

Here came the response that didn't need any interjection on my part. It went somewhat like, "Dye your hair blonde, I said, or just get a wig like mine. All princesses have blonde hair. And wear all white. That's what princesses do to. Just look at Princess Diana. What a shame. Blonde hair. Us women will take over the world, someday. We are going to start with St. Petersburg. You just wait. I have to go, the light is saying I can cross."

1 comment:

Meagan Mason said...

Well at least that woman knows where she is going to start her princess take over. Many people don't know where they want to begin. You have a wonderful skill at finding odd people. I do enjoy it so.