2.13.2008

emotion capture.

It's so dreary outside and I am feeling pretty nostalgic. Looking through pictures I have taken over the last two years has only added to the nostalgia. I don't know if someone who isn't a photographer can relate to this, but I can remember the exact moment that I took each picture. How I was feeling, what was going on in my life, who I was with-everything. It is such an odd sensation to look back at life when you thought you knew exactly how things were going to turn out. The people in my photographs that aren't in my life anymore, the times I can never go back to, as well as the ones that I would never want to. Each photograph I take involves a piece of me. I have an emotional connection with each picture and subject, even years after the photo has already been processed.



No comments: