3.14.2008

good humour.

Growing up in Cape Coral, Florida rendered me a little less than a city kid. Granted I was born in New York, I moved here when I was in second grade. Therefore I missed the chance of scenario of the "ice cream truck on a hot day" seen in movies. Hearing the ice cream truck music before you can even spot the truck was definitely something I wanted to experience.

Fast forward to being twenty years old, spending time at home during spring break. I was actually sitting at my Grandma's house when I heard the classic ice cream truck tune. I grabbed my car keys and drove around the block until I came upon a Good Humour ice cream truck! Needless to say I had to buy an ice cream. I was so excited that the ice cream truck driver probably thought my enthusiasm was awkward and more than he gets from three little kids combined.

1 comment:

Subversive Me said...

Don't be embarassed. I've chased down my fair share of ice cream trucks...yep as an adult too. I don't have a lot of kids on my block so when I hear the music the hunt is on...